Thursday, July 06, 2006

Cruisin' 1955 and 1958


Anyone remember the Cruisin' series of albums. I do. I never bought or heard the records as I was too young to buy my own records when they started coming out with them. Recently I saw the CD's at my local Library. The series was designed for nostalgia and to keep future generations informed what radio was like in the 50's and 60's. Each album had a popular DJ from that year introducing the songs on the album. It was like listening to their radio program on each album. What I really remember is the art of the album covers. It followed the love affair of two kids from age of about 15 into their 20's. Each cover was done by Mike Royer. He eventually worked for Disney and developed the modern look for Winnie the Pooh and his friends. You can visit Mr. Royer's site by clicking here. If you scroll below you can follow the love affiar of Eddie and Peg through the years. Take a look at all the beautiful detail that Mr. Royer put into each cover. The Movie poster and newspaper headlines make you feel that you are there at that moment. Posted by Picasa

No comments: