Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Favorite Movie Santa Poll

Vote to tell who is your favorite movie Santa Claus. While I have liked all of them and they have all played the part well, one was even an Oscar winner in the role, the best one to me is David Huddleston. I am casting my vote for him.





Favorite Movie Santa Claus?

Who is your favorite movie Santa Claus?




Tim Allen of the Santa Clause series
Edmund Gwenn of Miracle on 34th Street (1947)
Richard Attenborough of Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
David Huddleston of Santa Claus the Movie
Paul Giamatti of Fred Claus







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What, no Mickey Rooney from SANTA CLAUS IS COMIN' TO TOWN and THE YEAR WITHOUT A SANTA CLAUS? Well, I guess those were television shows and not movies. I loved Rooney's voicing Santa in those specials; I think only William Shatner could have gone into it with more gusto and conviction. Rooney really brought his all to the projects.

I am glad to see Ed Gwenn from the original MIRACLE ON 34TH STREET is leading the poll. He is so much Santa in my mind it's almost disturbing seeing him in other roles, like in THE BIGAMIST with Edmond O'Brien.

-- Gary in Omaha

Rick L. Phillips said...

I know what you mean. Not long ago I saw Mr. Gwenn in an old movie I came across on AMC while channel flipping. Not sure what the movie was called but it was a bit jarring to see him in a different role as till then I only saw him play Santa Claus.