Sunday, March 29, 2009

Six Things About Me



Well I have finally been tagged. It is something I have looked forward to and dreaded at the same time. I was correct in dreading it. I have been tagged by Booksteve. Now here are....

The Rules
1) Link to the person who tagged you.
2) Post the rules on your blog.
3) Write six random things about yourself.
4) Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them.
5) Let each person know they’ve been tagged and leave a comment on their blog.
6) Let the tagger know when your entry is up.

Now six random things about me that you may not know.
1. I wrote a carpet commercial that was actually produced. It's the one where someone is giving a party and sees someone spill something. They dive to catch the spill so that it doesn't hurt their new carpet. I hired a young lady to storyboard it then I took it to McSwain Carpets to try and get a job in their advertising department. The man didn't hire me but photocopied the storyboard to keep me in mind if a position opened. Less then a year later I saw the commercial on TV and was never paid or given credit. To this day I still see different variations of it on TV.

2. My wife and I met after a month of e-mailing each other through Christian web site.

3. I created and had a book published called Dinky the Elf. That isn't news to readers of this site but what might be is that my cousin josn found an action figure this Christmas that looked a lot like the character and gave it to me for Christmas. So now I have an unofficial dancing (yes it dances when wound up) action figure of my creation.

4. I use to try out for recreations at Old Time Radio Conventions. In one recreation we were all asked to sign a copy of the script. It was then auctioned off. To this day I can't believe that someone paid for my autograph. Also, in the cast were my cousin and his wife. It seemed funny that since there were only 6 people in the cast that half of the cast was family.

5. In the 1990's I worked for Lucent Technologies and one year won an award for best all around sales person.

6. I once acted in a student production that was directd by a friend and put on local cable. For months I was recognized from that 15 minute play on TV. Most of those times it was when I was in the directors neighborhood as they all watched since they knew him.

Now here at the people that I have tagged.
Rob! of Aquaman Shrine

Brian of Comics in Crisis.

Adama of Dispatches From the Arrowcave.

Luke of El Jacone's Comic Bunker.

Craig of Craing Zablo's Zone

and Jon of Random Acts of Geekery.

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

It's up!