Friday, October 28, 2005

Another Halloween Memory

After I posted the last message and mentioned just having parties at chruch I rememberd one that I went to. My cousin Rachel and her Mom and Dad. My Aunt Joan and Uncle Jim. Took us to one at their church. Now before I go any further you have to know that my family does not believe in having sex before marriage. We still believe this today. At the party I was waiting in line to have my fortune told. A girl came out and ask if Rick Phillips was there. I was surprised. How did they know that I was waiting in line? I went into the room. It was dark and I could not see well but when the fortune teller spoke I knew it was my Aunt Joan. She asked me to choose between two bowls and to stick my hand in the bowl and take out want was in it. I took out the only item in the bowl. She said that I would have 1 child and it would be a boy. She asked me to do the same with two other bowls. I did but this time there was nothing in the bowl. Half laughing and half in shock my aunt said "Rick your going to have a child but your not going to be married." This was of course all a joke and I don't really belive in fortune telling and neither do most of my family. Also, I am married and we don't have children.

No comments: