Friday, September 15, 2006

Mark Gruenwald


Over at the Fred Hembeck Show Fred gives this sad but touching reminder that in August this was the 10th year since the sudden passing of a great writer. Mark Gruenwald. Notice that I didn't say comic book writer. While that is what he was known for Mr. Gruenwald had the talent and skills for any kind of writing. He just chose to use them in the comic book format. His long run on Captain America is the best that character has ever had. In the 80's I was buying mostly Marvel comics. I was not shy of buying books by other publishers and started to wonder why I was drawn to Marvel. Then I noticed that all the books I was buying were either written or edited by Mark Gruenwald. I wasn't a Marvel fan. I as a Gruenwald fan. I started to feel I knew the man through his stories and it came as a shock when I read of his death. The comic book industry got alot darker for me after the passing of this quiet star. Posted by Picasa

No comments: