Sunday, April 22, 2007

Rest in Peace Brant Parker


I know I said I was only going to be blogging once a week but I may do more from time to time and when I heard about this I had to tell you. I really can't believe this has happened. I just found out that on April 18th, only a few days after we heard of Johnny Hart's death, his co-creator on the Wizard of ID, Brant Parker, also died. Brant I found out was ten years older then Johnny and he discovered him when he judged some artist at Johnny's high school. He was so impressed with his art that he arranged a meeting and later they created the Wizard of ID. Hart wrote the strip and Brant did the art. A few years ago Brant retired and gave the strip to his son who continued the strip with Mr. Hart till his death. I tried to find strips that were in tribute to Mr. Parker but only found this one. If there are others please let me know. The above strip is by Brant Parker's son.

No comments: