Friday, February 15, 2008

Castle of Love

Well I hope you all had a happy valentine's day. My wife and I did and big spender that I am I took her to White Castle. Yes you read it right I said White Castle. I thought it was only local but it seems to be nationwide. You see this is the third year that White Castle has held a special valentine's dinner. You had to call ahead and make reservations. You should have seen the looks that people gave me when I told them I made reservations at White Castle. But that was the rules. The did let people come in who just walked in like usual but the got the regular tables and no extras.

We were greeted at the door by the hostess who gave my wife a red carnation and seated us at our table which had a cloth tablecloth not the paper kind that you usually see restaurants theses days. There were candles on the tables and a waitress took our order. We were even asked if we wanted and appetizer. The hostess came by and apologized for not having lit the candles about half way through the meal. I told her we thought they weren't lit yet because it was still somewhat light outside. Later after the dinner was over we were given ice cream as a desert and they took our picture. They kept one and gave us a copy. I told my wife it will probably wind up on a bulletin board or their website. Anyway a fun time was had by all at the restaurant. Except for the ones without reservations who wanted to sit at the tables that were reserved.
I didn't take her to the one shown above but that was the only photo of a White Castle that I could find.

No comments: