Saturday, May 03, 2008

Free Comic Book Day


Last year or maybe it was two years ago I can't recall but I wondered if Free Comic Book Day was helping to spread the hobby. Well after being there today I have to say that it is. Everyone at Comicbook World was buying something along with the free books and figures that the store was supplied. I was there to get some for myself and my young cousin who was not able to go with me this year. I was grabbing two of everything till I heard Mark, one of the stores employees, tell someone it was only 5 books per person. I showed him that I must have had over 20 books. Since they knew I was trying to get some for my cousin he said they might let me get 10. I decided not to violate their rules, well not too much as you will soon see, so I put most of them back. My cousin likes Star Wars and Iron Man so I got him the figures. He also likes Transformers and NASCAR so he got the comic books related to those hobbies. For myself I got an Iron Man figure as well as Archie comics Jughead, Dynamite's Devil and Justice League from DC. Now I also wanted something from Marvel but with the books I was already at the limit of 5. I decided to see if they would say anything about me having a 6th book so I chose Marvel Adventures with Hulk, IronMan and Spider-Man. Also, so I didn't seem like a freeloader, I bought a back issue of Marvel Team-Up #90. All in all it looked like a good free comicbook day at Comicbook World.
Also, in case someone links up to this posting since it is about Free Comic Book Day, please visit my other comic book sites Comic Book Letterheads Museum and Mail It To Team Up also Plastic Man Platitudes.

No comments: