Friday, November 11, 2005

Veteran's Day My Dad


If this post looks familier that is because I posted it last week on the wrong day. Oops! Anyway today is veterans day so I am posting a photo of one of my parents. My Dad . He was in the Air Force during the Korean War. He really had it rough. He was stationed in Canada. If you are reading this from Canada then I hope you know that I am kidding. However, it was not as easy as you would think. He was in Newfoundland. I have no idea what Newfoundland is like today but the picture I got from what Dad told me is that it was very cold and icy. Being that far up north was a big change for an Ohio kid. He told me other then your job you were assigned there was not much to do and the men in the white coats were kept busy. Thankfully not with my Dad. In the photo it shows him as a Private but he was a Staff Sgt. And in the Honor Guard when he got out. My Dad was a good Christian man who is now with the Lord. He fought for his country. Raised a good family. Worked for the Lord at his church. This world is a better place because God put him in it. It is hard to put into words what he meant to me. I love him and miss him. I’ll see you again one day in Heaven Dad. Posted by Picasa

No comments: