Friday, November 11, 2005

Wimpie

Ok the above photo is not Lassie. It really is not even my dog Wimpie. But it looks like the dog that I had till I was about 6 or 7 years old so that is why I am posting it. You see Wimpie was my first dog. My AUnt Betty and Uncle Ray gave him to me. I loved that dog. One day a man drove by our house when we lived in the country. He saw Wimpie and stopped to ask if we would sell him. My Mom said no. The man drove on. The next day Wimpie was gone. I have often wondered about that and what happened to him. I think about him everytime I see a collie. Whatever did happen to him I hope he was happy. We didn't have him long before he went missing so there are no photos of him. The only photo that I remember having taken of him was by a realtor. They came by and took a photo of our house when it was up for sale and Wimpie was in the front yard and got in the picture. When the realtors book came out and I saw the photo I felt very sad. That was about 40 years ago and I still miss him. Posted by Picasa

No comments: