Thursday, December 29, 2005

Is this fair?

There has been a trend in the past few years that I like. That trend is to take less popular superheros and give them action figures as well as the more popular ones. Before you would see Superman, Batman, Spider-Man or the Hulk. That for about 30 years summed up the heros you would see on the toy shelves. But now anyone who has ever worn spandex has a figure. I think that is great because when I was a kid I would want Green Lantern, Iron Man or Captain Atom. Yet none were to be found but now you can get them. Yet something strikes me as unfair in the above photo. I am a big fan of the Hawk and the Dove. I was happy to see them on Cartoon Networks Justice League but I don't recall them ever being members in the comic book. The best they ever did was the Teen Titans. Anyway this now makes them popular enough to give them their own action figures. However, in the comic books Hank Hall and Don Hall aren't the Hawk and Dove anymore. Instead of brothers it is now two sisters. Don Hall was even killed of in the Crises On Infinate Earths mini series. Something just doesn't seem right about this. But I hope it starts something that will bring back Hank and Don as Hawk and Dove. Maybe their own cartoon series and comic book again. Don may be dead but in comic books that doesn't mean he has to stay dead. It is just what was on my mind. The above photo was from collectors paradise. You can go to them by clicking here http://www.collectorsparadise.com/juleunwowoha.html to purchase the above set. Posted by Picasa

No comments: