Saturday, December 24, 2005

Time Life Why Don't you release a 70's Music DVD?

Have you seen the infomercials for the Time Life 70's Music Explosion? Where you can hear Billy Don't Be A Hero, I Just Want To Be Your Everything, Afternoon Delight etc. And in the commercial you get to see the groups who preformed them like Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods, Andy Gibb, Bay City Rollers, Starland Vocal Band etc. I am sure the cd's are great but if they have these film clips why don't they release a DVD as well. Some of them I am familier with the song but never saw the preformer. When I saw Alber Hammond sing "It Never Rains In Southern California" I thought "So that's what he looked like." Anyway if anyone from time life reads this try to release a Dvd if it is legally possible.
Speaking earlier of Bo Donaldson and the Heywoods. A friend of my use to hate, and most likely still does, that song. Why? Because when it was a hit he couldn't get away from it. You see he lived only a few miles from Cincinnati, Ohio and that is where the group was from. So tv and radio stations played it to death in that area. But there was something that made matters worse for him. His cousin was in the group. So since there was a family member assoicated with a hit they were very proud. Whenever that song came on instead of turning to another station, they turned it up.
He had not heard the song in years and one day I had it on cd. Half joking I told him here is a song I think you will like. When he heard it he just rolled his eyes. I said aren't you over that yet. He said no I still hate that song. Now that it is on those infomercials at least he can change the channel.
If you want to order the cd's you can go to Time Life by clicking here http://www.timelife.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=2045 or on the title above. Posted by Picasa

No comments: