Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Big Jim Ad


Remember this ad for the action figure Big Jim in the early 1970's? It had you fill out an easy crossword puzzle and then you would be entered into a drawing for the grand prize of $100 in Big Jim toys. I don't know of anyone who ever won the prize or even cut out the crossword puzzle and sent it in. To this day you can find in any quarter box or dollar box comic books from the 1970's with the puzzle filled out but no attempt to cut it out for the $100 prize. I guess we loved our comic books too much. Big Jim was one of my favorite action figures along with Matt Mason, Captain Action, Spider-man and Johnny West. The one thing that amazed me about Big Jim was when you flexed his arm you actually saw his bicep grew. No other action figure did that. Sorry for the ad being cut short but space on my scanner is limited.

No comments: