Wednesday, December 07, 2005

John Lennon

Alot of people have memories of the day John Lennon died. It is recapped well over at booksteve's site http://booksteveslibrary.blogspot.com/2005/12/lennon.html My memory is somewhat humorous. I was in my first year of college and living at home. I was getting ready for bed. My Dad was watching the 11 o'clock news. I can't believe I am putting this in print for the world to see but the story makes no sense without it. At the time I was washing and getting ready for bed I decided I should wash my feet. Now George Clooney's Dad was the anchor of the local news in my area at the time. I heard Nick Clooney say that John Lennon had died. I stopped what I was doing and watched the rest of the news with my Dad. At the end of the broadcast Nick said it wasn't long ago that the question everyone asked was what were you doing when you first heard about the Beatles. Now the question will be what were you doing when you first heard John Lennon had died? Right then I thought I can't believe my answer will be I was washing my feet. Posted by Picasa

No comments: