Monday, January 30, 2006

The Red Barn restaurant

You don't know how happy I was to find this Red Barn restaurant site. You see I had a vague memory of going to the Red Barn. Or as I thought it was called till I found this site, The Big Red Barn. Not just with my parents but with my Aunts, Uncles and cousins. The whole family together one time. We drove into Cincinnati, Ohio and I remember it being near the Swifton Shopping Center. I remember the conatiners for the food being in the shape of a barn and yes it was red. I know it was along time ago and some memories can be forgotten or not remembered correctly. However, you would think that more people in my family would remeber the restaurant. I seem to be the only one who does. For years I have asked family members that I know ate there if they remember it. None of them did. I couldn't understand. It was almost like a Twilight Zone episode. Did the restaurant even exist?? Then not too long ago I stumbled across this site. Yippie! I am not insane and Rod Serling will not be walking out of the bushes to do an introduction. Thank you Red Barn site for proving my childhood memory and for giving me permission to use the above photo. I didn't see any photos on the site that had the food packaged the way I remembered it but perhaps I did get that wrong. Posted by Picasa

No comments: