Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Batman The Musical?

I was researching information on character actor Olan Soule who was the voice of Bruce (Batman) Wayne on many of the 1960's and 1970's animated series. On one series he was even the voice of Alfred. Anyway during the research I came across that Tim Burton, David Ives and Jim Steinman are planning a play called "Batman: The Musical" to start either this year or in 2007. Don't they remember that horrible Superman musical from the 60's and was aired in 1975 on late night tv? Well with Tim Burton involved maybe it will be better then the Superman play. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Rick-- The Broadway musical "It's a Bird...It's a Plane...It's Superman" was actually quite fun. I saw it and loved it, and I've talked to several other people who also remember it in glowing terms. I agree that the TV version was awful, but please don't think that the Broadway version was anything like that.