Sunday, April 30, 2006

The Honeymooners in Color with the June Taylor Dancers

Thanks to TVshowsonDVD.com I have just seen that the Honeymooners will be release this summer. The color version from the 60's. For those of you born after the 1976, the 1960's had alot of musical variety shows. Jackie Gleason had his first hit with the Honeymooners in the 50's and then hosted one of those musical variety shows that was called, modestly enough, "The Jackie Gleason Show." Around 1966 color tv was the new thing. Alot like stero television with surround sound is today. It was not uncommon for shows to add "in color" to their title sequence. That year Gleason toyed with the musical variety format a bit by having Art Carney, Sheila MacRae and Jane Kean join the cast and did musicals of the Honeymooner scripts. Most famously their trip to Europe. They kept the June Taylor Dancers and it was not uncommon to see Ralph and Norton to break out in song. I was about 5 or 6 at the time but I still remember it to this day. Which is more then I can say for my 2 years of high school spanish. Any way I can't wait for this to be released and since I don't have any of the DVD case artwork I have given you this cover from a late 60's TV Guide from this auction. Posted by Picasa

No comments: