Friday, August 18, 2006

Marie Osmond on Crawdaddy


After seeing this posting on BookSteve's I was reminded of the above issue of the only Crawdaddy magazine I ever bought. The above photo I had to get from this site
as I lost my copy. Of course I got it because of the crush I had on Marie Osmond. I remember that they said they tried to get Marie in a bathing suit for her cover shot but she refused. (Good for you Marie!) I also found out for the first time that she was Mormon. I was probably the last person in the country to find this out. I remember that I couldn't believe that she couldn't drink caffeine therefore she could not drink most soft drinks like Coca Cola. There aren't too many Mormons in Kentucky so I didn't know this either. A few years later I had a job as an Usher at a movie theatre. My new freind there was Matt and he was of the Mormon faith. Whe he had to close at night he would always get a courtsy cup and fill it with Coke. He would always say "Now I'll be up all night." When he left others wondered why such a small amount would keep him up and I explained it to them. My cousin Steve and others I knew at the time were shocked that I bought Crawdaddy. I don't know why as there was nothing in it that wasn't in any other magazine at that time. I had never heard of the mag before. While I did see it for sale with others on the cover none of them appealed to me at the time. I don't know what happened to the mag but I have not see it since the 70's Posted by Picasa

No comments: