Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Illuminator

Here is an interesting book series. Around 1993 Marvel comics and Thomas Nelson publishers got together to produce this comic book about a Christian superhero. It centers around Andy. Andy is a young high school student who gains wonderful powers that make him the Illuminator. Not long after that he meets Gus the custodian of a local church. Gus leads Andy to Christ and each adventure he has helps lead Andy to Biblical truths.
Why Marvel and Neslon teamed up to do this book is a mystery to me but I am glad they did as it was an enjoyable read. I also am sure that it helped lead others to Christ as the Bible says that His word will not return void. I thought that it on ly lasted 3 issues as that is all I could find. However, I have heard that a 4th and 5th issue were also produced. I didn't find this comicbook in comic book shops or in any local Christian bookstores. I found the 3 that I have in Waldenbooks thanks to my cousin who use to work for them. I have searched the internet to find out more about this but so far all I have come up with is that one of the writers for the series Glenn Herdling also wrote the Beavis and Butthead comic book. Bet ya didn't see that one comming. I know I didn't when I found it.
The photo above is from the back cover of issue #2 Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Nestor said...

May you create eComic versions of the issues you've got and upload it so that I can download it? I'm looking for those for a long time already. I have acquired and read the 1st ish but regretfully sold it. Kindly please...?

Rick L. Phillips said...

I don't have the ecomic versions but if I find them I will try to post where to get them at here.