Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sheldon Moldoff art

Sorry for the poor scan but this was the best I could do right now. I was talking before about my experience at the Mid-Ohio Con. Well on my first vist there years ago I met Sheldon Moldoff. I was quite happy to buy this piece of art from one of the greats of the golden age of comics. I had a very nice conversation with him which I remember him talking about his grandson and how he liked the Power Rangers. Then he mentioned how he was the first person to draw Hawkman. I said "Oh so you co-created Hawkman." He said no the writer did I just drew him. I replied "Yes but if you were the first to draw him then you designed Hawkman's look." He gave me a strange look and then turned his attention to some people looking at his art. When they looked at his Hawkman art he mentioned to them how he co-created Hawkman. I smiled to myself as I turned to leave the table. Then I thought I hope I don't get a summons to be a witness in a lawsuit to DC.
He seemed like a nice man with a lot of love for his grandson and alot of class. So to me Sheldon Moldoff co-created Hawkman. He also, made my day at my first Mid-Ohio Con. Posted by Picasa

No comments: