Monday, December 26, 2005

Blondie postcard

Hey I thought that some of you might want to see this. It is a post card that I got a few months ago when I went to the Official Blondie website and entered a caption contest. Saddly I did not win but the consolation prize was pretty good. This strip has had a marvelous run. When it started out it was about how the golddigging flapper girl Blondie was chasing the then rich Dagwood Bumstead. Once married Dagwood was out of the family will and they had to try to make it as middle class Americans. Who knew it would last into the 21st Century? The strip started in 1930 and this year celebrated it's 75th anniversary. The son of the creator now does the stip so along the way it became a family business. My blog started after the celebration so here is a belated Happy Anniversary to Blondie and Dagwood. Dag I think she kind of likes ya. You can get to the Official Blondie site by click by clicking here http://blondie.com/dailies/index.asp or, altogether now, click on the title above. Posted by Picasa

No comments: