Thursday, January 12, 2006

Happy Anniversary Batman TV Show


Ok this is a short break from the break. This date in TV history is important to comic book fans. Today is the 40th anniversary of the Batman tv show. I was again reminded of this fact when I was on Fred Hembeck's page One of my memories of the show really happened the next fall when Milton Berle was trying to start a new variety show. My Mom and Dad had company come over to the house. When the arrived I was watching TV. They had a daugther and sat her next to me and we both watched as Batman arrived in the Batmobile. He got out and raced on stage to talk to Mr. Berle. I asked "I wonder where Robin is?" The girl said "Didn't you see the show last week?" She told me how Robin was tied up and Batman was looking for him. I could believe what I just heard. I was only 5 or 6 at the time but I knew Batman was just a tv show. It wasn't real but this girl thought it was. Even if it was real I don't think Batman would stop to be a guest on another tv show if his best friend was in danger. Anyway I also had alot of Batman toys and wish I still had them. Saddly I don't. I did have the lunch box that you see above. You can bid on this one at http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-1966-BATMAN-Lunchbox-Great-Condition-TV-Show_W0QQitemZ6242279247QQcategoryZ7270QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Happy Anniversary Batman. Now back to the break. Posted by Picasa

No comments: