Wednesday, April 19, 2006

FOOD FIGHT! (An Easter Memory)

When I was younger my whole family would get together for almost every holiday. Aunts, Uncles and cousins would suddenly converge on my Grandma's house where my parents and I lived until I was 13 years old. During Easter my cousins and I would always have an egg hunt like most families did on that day. One I remember better then the others. After the hunt I was standing on the porch with some cousins and my other cousins were on the sidewalk in front of us. We were all talking when suddenly someone took an egg out of their basket and threw it at one of us. Did that person say something that they didn't like? Was it thrown in fun? I believe it was done in fun but we may never know. All I know is soon we were all throwing our eggs and having the time of our lives. Soon our baskets were empty and we were all laughing. At least till our parents came outside to see what all the noise was about. I don't remember being punished for it but I do remember our parents not happy with us wasting our easter eggs. Hey they weren't really wasted. Those colorful eggs created fun twice. Once during the hunt and the other during the fight. They also gave us a wonderful memory. The above photo is from a book I saw at Amazon.com. You can go there to find it and find out more about it or to buy it by clicking on the Amazon search button on the left. Posted by Picasa

No comments: