Friday, May 26, 2006

Challengers of the Unknown by Ron Goulart

Having read Booksteve's article on the great comic book artist by Ron Goulart I thought I would write about the Challengers of the Unknown novel that he wrote. It was written in 1977 when DC tried to revive the series. They wanted to start a series of novels on the lesser known adventure characters that they had. The asked Mr. Goulart to do this one. From what I remember it was pretty good but I thought the characterization was a little off. For instance Professor was more of a womanizer in the novel then he was in the comic books. Otherwise it was pretty good. The Challengers face various traps set for each of them and survive. They investigate to find out the source and it leads them to a swamp monster and Nazi's in South America. If you find the book buy it and read it. You will have an enjoyable time. In my research on the net I found this Challengers of the Unknown fansite. Posted by Picasa

No comments: