Sunday, March 25, 2007

Aquaman Vs. Green Lantern



Well I have just finished the Showcase presents Aquaman and I am half way through the Green Lantern vol. 1. To my surprise I prefer Aquaman to GL. The writers of Aquaman had him behave like a King that he was and he treated everyone the same and fairly. It was amazing to see how they thought up ways to have him use all the fish in the oceans to help fight crime on the high seas. Green Lantern on the other hand sometimes behaved like a jerk and was over confident. I know the times back then were not pc but most people back then I don't think would like to have been called Pieface like Hal Jordan did with his best friend. The way he behaved with his boss carol bordered on sexual harrassment. Carol was a bit of a flake too. First she is attracted to test pilot Hal Jordan. Then she drops him in favor of GL not knowing that he is really Hal. Later when a scientist seems even more powerful she thinks she is in love with him. When it turns out that he is the villain and GL captures him she decides that GL is her true love. It is plain to see that this early Carol Farris was attracted to men of power. She loves power more then having a real true love for any man. Till she realized that she had one thought in this book that I agreed with. She thought that maybe she had a "filghty mind." I doubt I will buy vol.2 of Green Lantern but I can't wait to read Vol.2 of Aquaman.

No comments: