Monday, March 12, 2007

Rest In Peace Richard Jeni


I just read on News From ME that the very funny comedian Richard Jeni was shot to death yesterday. They are not sure if it was suicide or murder. Either way it is a sad way to end a very funny comedians life. I didn't get to see his act very much but he was always funny and I have waited a long time to see him in something again. Anything to help forget his short lived and dreadful TV show on UPN the Platypus Man. However, even that bad show had moments where Mr. Jeni shined. For those of you who have not seen the show it was sort of a mixture of Emeril Live and Home Improvement. Perhaps his funniest moment in a film was when he co-stared in The Mask as Jim Carrey's best friend. When Jim throws the Mask back in the river it is Richard who dives in after it. Perhaps the second film would have been funnier if they picked up where the first left off and had him as the lead instead of Jamie Kennedy. Who knows Mr. Jeni may still be alive today if that had happened. I remember when I worked in customer service for AT&T. A woman who worked for him called up to order a part for a phone. I told her how funny I thought he was and she spoke of how kind a man he was. Mr. Jeni you will be missed, as the many postings on blog sites like this and people who knew you can attest to.

No comments: