Friday, June 15, 2007

Troubles with Rhino

Kent of The60sshop@aol.com saw the post on the trouble I had with ordering from Rhino's site on the new Monkees CDs and sent me an e-mail. He gave me premission to post it so I will with only some minor editing. Thanks Kent.

Hi Rick!

Saw your post about problems ordering from the RHINO Website. I've had the exact same problem trying to place orders for my last four or five purchases dating back to well over a year now. It NEVER seems to be working properly!!! And then when you call, the "customer service" person almost seems to have a snotty, sarcastic attitude about it. (I cannot help but wonder how the REAL powers that be would feel about how many potential orders they're losing due to this problem ... in three cases, I simply went and purchased the product somewhere else instead!!! With the "bonus" MONKEES single, I didn't have that option so I just went ahead and dealt with the customer-servicely-challenged on the phone! (lol) I addressed this problem recently in FH, too ... it's a REAL shame because (as we all know) RHINO has done an INCREDIBLE job of making this great music available to us ... yet how do you get to the RIGHT people to make them aware of the problem???

Thanks Kent. If you had trouble ordering from Rhino any of their items we need to send mass e-mails to customer service and mass calls to them. Perhaps this will get their attention. If that doesn't work then we need to find out who is at the top of Rhino these days and write to them directly. As Kent said how many orders did they miss from those not persistant enough to get the items they wanted? How many went to another internet site or a local store where they had to pay a little more for friendly service? The gentleman I delt with was very business like but not real friendly. Let Rhino know how you feel.

No comments: