Thursday, August 02, 2007

Flying Saucers Comics







Earlier on this site not too long after I started it I mentioned Flying Saucers Comics. I mentioned that issue #5 that you see above was the only issue I had ever seen of the book. I thought that it may have been the only issue published as back then sometimes a publisher will do that in order to make sure that he has the copyright to the title. Well according to the Grand Comic Book Database there really were 5 issues published. Issues 1-4 were published in 1967 and two years later issue 5 came out.








Below is the cover to issue #2.







Here is the cover to issue#3.

Finally here is the cover to issue #4.


There you have it. What's that? Oh you want to know what the cover to issue one looked like. Well for those of you who didn't click on the Grand Comic Book Database title above I will show it to you.





Wait for it.









It's coming up.











It's almost here.











Ta Da! Here is the cover to Flying Saucers Comics issue #1.

Yes that's right. Issue #5 was an exact reprint of issue #1. The only difference was the price and probably the ads. I don't know why the did this but now I kind of understand why it seemed that it was the only issue I ever saw of the book. It wasn't that it was the only issue. It was just that it had twice as many issues published compared to the others in the series. One mystery solved and a new one has risen. Why did they reprint it two years later and continued with the same numbering?



No comments: