Thursday, September 27, 2007

Superargo


When I was very young my parents would take me to the drive-in theaters to see some of the family movies that were made at that time. Mostly they were Disney and Western films. Usually they were double billed with another movie that was produced by the same company. Once in awhile they would feature another movie from different company. One of those was Superargo. Superargo was a wrestler and at that time many of them were being made into movie stars. They pretty much played themselved but they were treated like they were superheroes. Why not? Afterall they were dressed like superheroes. At that time I felt that it was pretty awful. I still do. If you watch the clip of the end of the movie above you will see a chase scene in the woods. The villain dies in quicksand. Where are these woods that has quicksand? During the movie I remember as he walked away my Mom remarked that he was pigeon-toed! That remark and Superargo himself are the best memories I have of the film.

I thought of waiting till tomorrow to post this video from you tube but I was so excited to share it that I couldn't wait.

1 comment:

paidfare said...

Actually you can find quicksand just about everywhere.

http://deepsinking.org/