Monday, January 21, 2008

In Memory of John Stewart


It is sad to note the passing of another show business icon. This time from the world of music. Singer/songwriter John Stewart passed away this past past Saturday from either a massive stroke or brain aneurysm. It has not been released which one at this time. He was a member of the Kingston Trio then went solo. He wrote the song Daydream Believer which was a #1 hit for the Monkees and later a top 20 hit for Anne Murray. In the 1980's he had a top 40 hit on his own with the song titled Gold. My sympathy goes out to his family and friends.

1 comment:

Craig Zablo said...

Of course "Daydream Believer" is one of my favorite childhood songs and I also really liked "Gold" when I was older. Funny that I never connected the two until reading of his passing. RIP.