Friday, March 14, 2008

Martin and Lewis Scared Stiff



I have been watching a lot of Martin and Lewis movies on DVD lately. Not only did it provide me with some good clean fun but I also saw that Scared Stiff, their obligatory comedy team meets ghost movie, is full of pop culture icons. Not only does it have Dean and Jerry but it also stars Lizbeth Scott, Carmen Miranda, George Dolenz (Father of the Monkees Micky Dolenz) and a cameo by Bob Hope and Bing Crosby. I never thought that many pop culture icons would be in Scared Stiff as it is one of the least known of the duos films. Above is the film trailer.

Here is a scene where Dean sings with Carmen.



Here is a scene with Dean singing to Lizbeth Scott. The man he is talking to at the beginning of the scene is George Dolenz.



I tried to find a video where they met Hope and Crosby in the film but no luck there. If I do find it I will post it here.

3 comments:

Booksteve said...

I was in my teens before I even knew that Dean had ever MET Jerry, let alone that they had been a team! This was, I believe, the very first Dean and Jerry comedy I ever saw. In retrospect, I don't think their comedy worked in films as well as it did on radio, TV and onstage.

Rick L. Phillips said...

I know what you mean. I love their movies and the radio and TV shows were pretty good. However when they could work their nightclub act into them they really took off. Too bad that most of were too young or not even born to see their club act live.

Brian said...

Absolutely my favorite of their duo films. Bob Hope's original version of this film ("Ghost Breaker") was just as good, but Jerry made this one fun.