Friday, October 28, 2005

Halloween memories

With this being the weekend for all hallow's eve I have memories of trick or treating comming back to me. One of my earliest memories is when I was going to go trick or treating with my cousins Rachel, Randy and Jeff. I was to dress as Green Lantern. Come Halloween I had the costume from the neck down but I could not find the mask. I looked all over the house. My bedroom, the living room, the hallway, the kitchen etc. I remember espically looking at the cupboard in the kitchen. It was getting close to the time for us to leave so I used an old mask of Satan. So there I was dressed as Green Lantern but my face looked like Satan. Guess I could say that I was Sinestro that year. Finally trick or treating was over and we went home. When we got home I went to the cupboard in the kitchen and sitting there in plain view was my Green Lantern mask. I know my parents probably thought that I didn't look hard enough for the mask but I know I looked there before and it was not there. It reminded me of a Twilight Zone episode. If you have a son who is a Green Lantern fan like I was you can go to this site http://www.shindigz.com/catalog.cfm?caid=526712 It is not like the costume that I had but it is Green lantern. I remember when Halloween seemed more innocent then it is today. Now you hear rumors of Satan Worship and things like people putting pins in the candy. Perhaps they should just have parties at the local church or not celebrate it at all. But at least it was innocent for awhile.
My cousins and I kept celebrating Halloween till sometime in high school. The last time I remember going out was while in high school. Randy and I were fans of the Marx Brothers. Randy went as Groucho and I with my then naturally curly, almost afro like hair decided to go as Harpo. Well it was either that or Chico. Maybe Zeppo and who knows what Gummo looked like. Anyway these are some memories and I hope you liked reading them.

No comments: