Saturday, January 21, 2006

Michael Jackson Thriller

Continuing in my musical frame of mind I would like to mention another mini movie musical. Before David Bowie's Jazzin for Blue Jean there was Michael Jackson with Thriller. He hired the right people, mostly John Landis, to make a top notch video. It was a horror movie with music and dancing. I never have been a fan of the Rocky Horror Picture show but I can just imagine Mr. Landis taking notes from that and doing it just abit better. In the early 80's MTV and the musicians were on the right track with how to promote their music. Concept videos like this and Jazzin For Blue Jean captured the music crowd's attention in the 80's the same way concept albums like Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band did in the 60's. Somewhere along the way I think they went way off track. However they must still be doing well since they are still around. The above photo is not from my collection. It is from this auction on e-bay. Go there if you want to place a bid. Posted by Picasa

No comments: