Monday, May 29, 2006

Invaders # 5

I have always had an affection for things from the 1940's and the WWII generation. Perhaps it is from listening to the stories that Mom and Dad told what it was like to grow up then. I feel like an old soul who was born about 20 years too late. I have always loved the comic books from then with the heros fighting Hitler. So when I saw the Invaders with new tales of WWII I had to buy it. The first issue I saw was #5. The book stars with the Invaders minus Bucky attacking an America defense plant. The President hears about it and remembers what started it all. Hitler's #1 henchman the Red Skull turns up at a war bond rally. He kidnaps all of them but Bucky. He tells him the others have special powers that he needs but Bucky has nothing. Bucky has a plan and ask the President to give it his ok. The Prez says he can't without hearing it first. Bucky doesn't want to take a chance that it will leak back to the Skull so he is turned down. His plan is to do what Cap mentioned earlier. To get heros like The Patriot, The Whizzer, Miss America etc. to form a homebound team to stop Nazi spies in America. The story is continued in Marvel Premiere #29 with Bucky getting those heros to form the Liberty Legion and rescuing the Invaders. This book has a special place in my comic book colleting heart and I wanted to share it with you on this Memorial Day. Posted by Picasa

No comments: