Sunday, May 28, 2006

What's His Name?

I just came in on the end of an old war movie on AMC. I am not sure what it was but Jack Palance was in it. As the credits rolled I noticed his name read as Walter (Jack) Planace. His real name is Walter!! All these years I thought it was Jack or maybe John but not Walter. Recently we watched the movie Cops and Robbersons starring him and Chevy Chase. I had seen it before but there was something in it that gave me a thought that didn't occur to me the first time around. A little boy kept acting like he was a vampire through half of the film and and kept attacking Mr. Palance till he took some plastic toys and ketchup and acted like he had killed the vampire. At that moment I thought this must be the films way of acknowledging that he once played Dracula. In playing with the boy he was VanHelsing to the boys Dracula. Nice touch I thought. The above photo is from this auction site. I don't think this is the same film that I saw as Mr. Palance was not the lead in the film but it is a war film. Hope you have a plesant Memorial Day. Posted by Picasa

No comments: