Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sheena Easton Morning Train (9 to 5)


All of those video hits from the 80's seem to have wound up on youtube.com. This is Sheena Easton singing Morning Train. The song was really going to be called 9 to 5 but Dolly Parton had a recent hit with that title so it was changed to Morning Train. On this video she hadn't learned to lipsync yet but they all became pretty good it once MTV became big. I saw the single as a picture sleeve before I heard it on the radio. Seeing pretty Sheena on that picture sleeve I had to buy it. I am glad it was a hit but none of my friends would have blamed me for buying it if it had been a flop.

2 comments:

David Lambert said...

Thanks for the referral on the Bionic blog entry! :)

As far as Sheena's lip-syncing ability goes, I've always been pretty sure - since they day I first saw this video on MTV - that the problem wasn't with Sheena, but with a lousy editor putting the wrong filmed scenes with the vocals.

It didn't matter to me, though. As a young man at the time, I was hormone-influenced every time a Sheena Easton video came on! Thanks for the memories.

Rick L. Phillips said...

You are welcome for the bionic post and for the Easton video. On second viewing I see that sometimes her lip-syncing was pretty good in the first part but got worse as the video came along. So it may have been the editors fault.