Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Herbie the Fat Fury Archives Vol 1.


I just saw over at Dark Horse.com that they are going to release the archives of Herbie the Fat Fury. Here is what they had to say about it.
Make way for the Fat Fury! The unlikeliest superhero of all time makes his mark in this new Dark Horse archival series. Coming from the strange, wry imagination of classic comics scribe Richard Hughes (writing as Shane O'Shea) and artist Odgen Whitney, Herbie Popnecker looks like a plump lump, but with his collection of supernatural lollipops, there is pretty much nothing that he can't do.

* Herbie Archives Volume One is the first of a new archive series collecting the finest works of 1960s comics publisher ACG.
I loved Herbie when I was a kid and now more generations can read about him. You can pre-order it at Amazon.com if you click on the link below. Also below is the free preview that Dark Horse had on their site.



2 comments:

Booksteve said...

I somehow missed HERBIE as a youngster (I know. hard to believe) but recently read the entire run and loved the sheer surrealism of it! There's a YouTube clip where Alan Freakin' Moore declares Herbie as his all-time favorite superhero! Wow.

Rick L. Phillips said...

Wow I read some of Herbie when I was a kid. I can't believe that I read a comic book back then that you didn't.I was always glad I didn't have the Dad that Herbie did. At the same time I was glad that I wasn't like Herbie.