Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Captain Fathom


Captain Fathom was an undersea adventurer with his crew of the Argonaut. The same company who produced Clutch Cargo. Like Clutch Cargo they used the Sychro-vox systems combining the actors real mouths with the cartoon animation. I remember seeing this when I was younger and I don’t remember it being done with real mouths. It’s amazing what the mind chooses to forget and what to remember. The system was invented to make animals talk for commercials in the 1950’s. Warren Tufts was an animator on the series as well as the voice for Captain Fathom. One of the directors for the series was Alex Toth.
When I was in elementary school I had a friend who liked the show. His parents were no longer together and he lived with his grandparents. He one time told me that his Dad lived in California and was an animator on the series. I kept watching the credits if I saw anyone with his last name. I never did. He may have been kidding me but I hope he wasn’t. Posted by Picasa

No comments: