Monday, June 19, 2006

Paul Simon Still Crazy After All These Years


I know that this album came out along time ago but I never got to hear it till recently. Of course I had heard the hits from the album. 50 Ways to Leave Your Lover, My Little Town, Slip Slidin' Away and of course the title track Still Crazy After All These Years. I have always heard that the album was one of Simon's best. I guess my expectations were too high. With 4 hits from the album I thought I would be blown away by the rest. However, the others were just ok. Simon really didn't sing much on the album. I still like the hits but this was around the time that he started half singing half talking his way through a song. The best song on the album is his reunion with his old friend Art Garfunkel. Garfunkel is one of the world's best singers to come out of the 60's. While Simon is one of the best songwriters his singing is just ok. However he does lay a good groundwork for any lead singer. I guess that is why as a team they were so good together. If you want to hear this collection of songs then by all means get the CD. If you only want the hits then find a collection fo Paul Simon's Greatest Hits. You might enjoy the last one more. Posted by Picasa

No comments: