Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Don Knotts TV Guide

As a fan of TV and having grown up as part of the TV generation I have an affection for TV Guide. Almost as strong as my feelings for comic books. I used to sell TV Guide door to door and put them in local Mom and Pop shops to earn spending money when I was a kid. I always loved seeing the Fall Preview issues. When I went to college I majored in Radio, Television and Film production. My dream then as now was to be a TV or movie producer. I would always read the Fall preview issues and try to estimate which shows would last that year just by what I read and where I saw it on the schedule. So my love for the magaxine is deep and hase significant connections to my life. It's recent changes in its size and format I find interesting.
It is now more of a magazine like People with TV schedules. That is fine by me as I still find it entertaning and informative of the medium. Above I have put up an early 60's cover of TV Guide with Don Knotts for any who want to see. Posted by Picasa

No comments: