Saturday, March 04, 2006

Rest in Peace Jack Wild


Ok I have sad news. I am really behind on this one but I just found out that Jack Wild, the star of Oliver, H.R. Pufnstuf and Robin Hood:Prince of Theives, has passed away. He died of cancer. He was 53 years old. To fans of H.R. Pufnstuf this is almost like hearing that John Lennon died. I have not heard any of the TV networks, which is where I usually get my news, report it. I did get a hint of it from Mark Evanier. Thanks Mark! In researching his death I found more on this site. I remember in the early 70's seeing him on a show promoting his new single "Some Beautiful." He was being chase around by girls while singing the song. No matter if he was running, driving or riding a bike he was just barely ahead of all those women and the entourage kept growing. I always laughed at H. R. Pufnstuf and loved his singing on that show and in Oliver. I don't recall his part in Robin Hood but will watch for him next time I see the movie. Mr. Wild bought fun, laugther, and music to all though his profession. To Jack Wild. We all did find a friend in you. One that surely will endure. Posted by Picasa

No comments: